It is important to talk about how to give the best care to our foot and leg. This is because most of the body weight is being borne by the lower extremity. The feet carry the weight of our body and also other loads that may be involved.
Importantly, the arch of our feet is always the centre of attraction as regards this weight. Therefore, the level of support we are able to give to our arch will go a long mile in supporting the health of our lower extremity. This is what we intend to give small tips through this post.
Arch support is very important to everyone. Research has noted that most people come back from work only to feel pain at their arch. This has increasing contributed to their discomfort after their daily work. Some people have quit their workplace simply because it make them feel unusual pain after their daily work. People that are exposed to long hours of standing in a day are not free from this malady. Also, aging people, those above 50 years can easily be associated to this kind of illness.
However, the question that many people are now asking is the way out. How can they relieve such pain. Some cannot sleep because of this pain while other describe it as very excruciating. Some can’t even walk after work because of pain on their arch.
Fortunately, if you have taken painkiller medications and you have seen many doctors for the sake of this and it still persists, you are not totally abandoned. Yes! Don’t quit your job because of the pain. It can and it will also go. There is an alternative to your medication. It has helped some people to relieve this pains of unknown cause within their heel and arch.
We have a recommendation which we will look at how effective it is. We will consider how much contribution it will make to erase your pain. We will talk about how the arch support can help to relieve your arch pain.
What is an arch support?
The feet is unfortunately make to carry the weight of our whole body. It does this while running, jogging, or standing. The feet carry the weight of the whole body with some part of it being more prominent and also acting as the major part of the feet that carry the weight. Such spots are called the arch. There are about 4 of the arches on our feet.
The arch support is like an insert made of neoprene material and can be inserted into our shoes to help us stand well. It helps to cushion the effect of pressure coming to our feet from our who body. It also helps to stabilize and align our weight. People with pain over their feet can make use of this arch support.
A major health challenge that affects the feet is called plantar fasciitis. This illness causes pain over your feet. It can occur at your old age or when you are still in your middle age. The pain by this disease is always serious. However, by using a arch support, you can conquer it. So essentially, you use arch support to prevent and protect your arch from undue pain on your feet.
How does it work?
Arch support works in a simple way by providing you with soft landing for your whole body weight to land on. It makes it possible for the arch of your feet to easily lay on it. If you have used sporting shoes or Canvas, you will notice the small detachable material in each of the shoes.
Whenever, you want to wash this shoes, what you will do is to remove this detachable material and wash too. If you have taken time to look at it, you will see that some parts are compressed while other areas are not. The compressed part is simply the arch of your feet. That is where the inserts gave more support to your feet.
This insert helps to relieve your pain. It offers you great support while you engage in your routine activities and make you free from pain. It is really very great.
Features of Arch support
Below are some features expected from most of the arch support. They include the following:
- Elastic: when you use the arch support that is elastic like a spring, it will help you to adjust and adapt to any new environment. You can always maintain balance at every slightest moment and show strong support for your lower extremity. If it is not elastic, it may become painful when you least expected it. Elasticity is it’s ability to retain its shape and size after passing through tensile force.
- Customizable: it should also be the type that you can trim to your size. This will help you to still wear it, assuming the product that got delivered to you is more than your size. You can also trim it to fit your footwear. In this case, you will not be waiting for an insert that will come with your shoes before.yiu can use inserts because you can always trim the one you already have to suit you.
- Breathable: your feet is made of living cells that need air, too. It is important to get inserts or arch support that has spaces for air to enter. You ensure that the mesh-like space is enough to allow good air entry into your feet. This will also prevent your leg from swelling.
- Non-allergic: some materials are so reactive to some people. You touch them, the next thing you will see is that your legs will start having rashes. You must avoid such kind of inserts that they parade to be good for arch support.
- Antibacterial: most of the arch support products available in the market are also good that they have antibacterial effects. Wearing them would stop any bacterial reaction from occuring on your skin. It is important that you ensure to care for your feet, too.
- Easy to wash: you need an arch support you can also keep clean. You will not be happy seeing it smell after use. That is the great joy of using insoles and inserts, the washable nature. You have to ensure that the quality in them will not go away as you wash them.
- Easy to use or maintain: using them routinely or occasionally will depend on how you need them to stay fit. If you are the type that feel pain over your leg easily, you can get yourself an arch support that will be very effective.
- Affordable: costly products are not always everything. Not all the costly products are worth it. Therefore, you have to go for the one your hand can afford. There is no need to break the bank in an attempt to buy an arch support that is too costly.
- Be used as an insert: most people also want an insert or sole arch support they can use with or combine with another shoe. Ensure that the arch support you want to buy can work as an insert.
Frequently asked questions on arch support and caring for your feet
What arch support do I need?
It is important to know exactly the type of arch support you will need for your own good. You need to know if it is the one that is in the form of an insole that you can insert into your shoes or the one you wear only. It is important for you to make up your mind on the one you really need as it will help you in making choice for the one to go with. After making your mind on the choice, it is also important to consider your pocket dept while checking the type you want.
Will arch support help ankle pain?
Many things can lead to ankle pain. It can be dislocation on the ankle joint. Perhaps, ankle sprain is one of the most occuring joint injury in all our whole body. Therefore, you need to know exactly what is causing the ankle pain first. If it is pain due to wound, it will not heal until you do the needful. If the pain is as a result of fracture or dislocation, the best thing to do is to handle the cause first. While the underlying causing is getting healed, you can use arch support to support your feet. It is important to know that this support wrap is majorly for support. It is not a substitute for medical care when there is need.
Where should arch support hit?
There are about three major points you should ensure that your arch hit. Those points are otherwise known as the acupoints. It have to form an arch over your feet to make it to march well.
Which arch support is better for plantar fasciitis?
Arch support alone will not give you the needed healing you need. There is need to have the plantar fasciitis treated. After the treatment or during the treatment, you can also decide to go for arch support to enhance the shape of the feet. You can also keep improve your gait using an arch support. It helps you to improve very fast.
Is arch support really necessary?
If you are the type that stay long in work before coming back and you notice a constant pain each time you come back, it is important to get yourself a good insole for work. Such arch support will help you each time you stay long at work to make your feet good. You will not feel the pain much or as usual.
Can arch support fix flat feet?
Pes planus otherwise known as flat foot has causes. They can be genetically caused or as a result of trauma secondary to other causes. While you may use arch support for this kind of issues, it may not on its own give you complete remedy.
When do you need arch support?
You need arch support all the times you feel pain over your feet. It is important to see a doctor who will check you up and prescribe the right medications or services for school.
The arch support is great in relieving pain. It is not a painkiller drug but it has its own mode of action to relieve pain due to plantar fasciitis and other causes of long standing pain.