The best-weighted blanket for babies in 2023 has to meet some criteria and also provide some services to a reasonable extent. In this write-up, I will be bringing your mind to things you should expect from every blanket that you intend to use for your children. You can reliably base your judgment on the expected benefits I am going to enlist below.
Is a weighted blanket good for babies?
Babies are meant to be in warm environments. For their growth, they are meant to be in a conducive environment that is not too cold or too hot. The children are supposed to be covered with good clothes to make them feel warm but not hot.
Some parents achieve the above by wearing children too many clothes than needed. These clothes often lead to an untold increase in body temperature and can make you spend the bulk of your money in the hospital. When you pay for the investigation and medical consultation, you will stop wearing your kids too many clothes. However, the problem will be the best way to stop them from catching a cold.
Some can even use their wrapper to cover the baby for the needed warmth. This is absolutely fine. You can use this method to prevent your baby from catching a cold and also to cover your baby from insects like mosquitoes if you are in mosquito-prone zones.
Today, we are no longer talking about wearing your child multiple clothes and as well, covering him or her with wrappers. We are looking at a more advanced system of preventing cold air around your baby and also ensuring that your baby enjoys all the needed medical and physical support from a weighted blanket. A weighted blanket is good for babies for its medical benefits and social benefits that your baby will gain if you use a blanket. The benefits are listed below.
NB: It is important to ensure that the weight your baby is sleeping under is good for him or her. The weight should not be more than 10% of the baby’s weight and must not cover his nose.
Importance of weighted blankets to babies:
Below are the reasons why you should not contemplate having a weighted blanket for your babies.
- Calming the babies’ nerves: when you use this weighted blanket on your baby, it will activate the system of your baby leading to the secretion of some hormones. This secretion can make your baby baby for as long as possible. This will also make you enjoy your own time. Therefore, if your baby is the type that is always disturbing you, especially making you uncomfortable, you can ensure that he or she sleeps under the cover of a blanket. Remember not to cover the nose so that he or she will not suffocate.
- Improved sleep quality: one of the hormones produced under the influence of this weighted blanket is called melatonin. Melatonin is a special chemical that helps your body to sleep comfortably. It is also associated with your night and day cycle leading to being awake in the day and asleep during the night. Therefore, if you have a baby that finds it difficult to sleep at night and inconveniences your day, the best shot at it is here. You need something to improve the sleep of your baby and allow more sleep for him or her. It is very simple to achieve with weighted blankets.
- Happier Mood: it is advised by medical experts that we should sleep for about 6 hours every day to enhance our mood and for us to be active during the day. When you sleep well at night, you will surely enjoy your day and have a good mood. This is sure and also applies to your babies. How then can you enjoy this sleep and your baby too? The best way to ensure that your baby is in the best mood is to always ensure that your baby sleeps under a blanket. When your baby sleeps under a blanket, it will lead to quality sleep and also the production of serotonin which is known to affect the mood in a positive way by boosting your mood. This will mean that your baby will be less distracted and will also be cooperative with you.
- Helps Kids Fall Asleep Faster: it is not just the problem of not sleeping for long. The problem of some children involves not sleeping easily. It takes them many hours before they can sleep. This is bad because you may be awake past the duration you estimated. New mothers may find this situation extremely difficult. However, there is a solution at the handle. You can use weighted blankets to make your babies sleep fast. This will also allow you to utilize your day very well as if you fail to rest well at night, it will affect your day making you low in mood and work. There is no need to allow your baby to continue to make you not sleep well at night when there is the affordable weighted blanket you can order today.
- Reduced Tossing and Turning: some babies can die because they are turned off from the bed and fall off from high heights. Not all beds have handles to restrict the tossing and turning of babies. However, there is a way out of such shock. Yes! Your baby must not fall down because he is turning on the bed. With the weighted blanket, you can say bye to incessant turning on the bed. This will help you immensely to also stop your baby from getting injured while turning on the bed.
Conclusion: weighted blanket for babies
Weight blanket for babies is very helpful in the nurturing stage of every child ranging from helping the baby sleep well to enhancing the mood. It is advised for parents to allow their baby to sleep under the blanket but should be careful about the weight the baby is sleeping on.