Getting the best pillow for side sleepers is a good option. More than 60% of sleepers choose to use their sides while sleeping. This side of sleeping has also been attributed to a lot of advantages that will contribute to your health improvement, according to many scientific researchers.
Most sleep scientists have attributed sleeping by the side to a good alignment of the spinal cord. That is one of the measures that help to prevent the curving of the spinal cord abnormally.
However, for the side sleepers to adequately enjoy their sleep and have the best benefits that it is for their health, they need to have a good pillow. Having a quality pillow that can contribute a lot to your health is the first hallmark of having the best from side sleeping.
An example of such a quality pillow includes having a thick pillow that does not necessarily reduce in size and shape as a result of gravity but recoils back when the weight is lifted off it.
The search for the best pillows for side sleepers has never been as intense as it is today. Many pillow manufacturing companies have done a lot of things to ensure improvement in the pillows they produce and to also ensure enhanced features that contribute to the great health of the users.
In this post, I’m going to give you a rundown of different quality pillows that are made for side sleepers but before we go into that, let’s take note of the most important things to know about pillows for side sleepers.
How to choose the best pillow for side sleepers?
Choosing the best pillow for side sleepers is not as easy as using a pillow generally as someone who can sleep with any of your sides. This is because the most important thing for side sleepers is that they need a pillow that can give good support to their head and neck and also their shoulder. Side sleepers pay special attention to the pillow they use unlike people having other types of sleeping positions.
Therefore, such a choice cannot be made in a hurry as one needs to consider some factors before finally concluding on the pillow to purchase. Choosing quality pillows for yourself as a side sleeper there are many factors to consider in order to get the best of them and you’re going to list them below.
Consider the shape of the pillow
in order to get the best pillow for yourself there is a need for you to consider the shape of the pillow and ensure that it will fit into what will give you the best relaxation each time you sleep on it. They are different shapes for you to consider when you are going for the best for you as listed below:
- Gusset shape: pillows with gusseted shapes are those ones that have additional materials added on their top in order to give you a head and neck-balanced sleep. It is this additional material that is on it that is used to help me to retain its position at all times. This is very necessary to help your neck and head continue to be in alignment with your whole body and not to affect your spine abnormally.
- Contour shape: this shape is designed to fit your head and shoulder as a contour is made within the pillow to adapt your head, neck, and shoulder shapes. For so many persons they seem to be the best shape of the pillow as it is designed in such a way that your shoulder and neck will all be in alignment and fall in on the soft top of this contour pillow.
- Cutout shape: Cut-out shapes when it comes to pillows are those ones that are cut out a bit in order not to accommodate the shoulder but only have the head and neck within the pillow. It hurts to give your head and neck a little elevation which will make it align with the whole body.
it is important to note that when it comes to site sleep the most important type of pillow are those ones that will give the head and neck the slide television that will rhyme with the alignment of the whole body. The spine within the neck has to be in alignment with other spines like the thoracic spine, lumbar spine, and sacral spine.
What are the factors that make the best buy pillow for side sleepers?
- Comfortability: most of the experts in terms of sleep science and full management about twice that it is very good that you take at least 15 minutes to rely on a phone or pillow before you intend to buy it. To give you the best experience that you need within a short time to confirm whether it will be good for you or not. It is not just enough for you to go through refuse and read about a particular product and go to buy it. You need to test it before you sort out your card to pay for it. The way to do this, especially for side sleepers is to keep the pillow and lie down for at least 15 minutes to gauge if it will cause you neck pain or pain in your shoulder. You need to know that if you go home with a pillow that is not meant for you it will be capable of causing neck pain and headache. Therefore, this needs to be considered, and consider only those ones that are comfortable for you.
- Durability: Durability is a great factor when considering the best pillows for you are sleeping especially as a side sleeper. You have to check the length of time that it is going to stay after you are done washing it. There will certainly be no need for you to buy a pillow that will not survive the following two months. You need absolute regulation for your money. However, if you are considering the ability you must be ready to pray for it because it will certainly be a bit costly year compared to other ones that last for a few months.
- Ease of laundry: you have to know if the pillow is the one you can watch completely or if it is the one that it is only the pillow covers that you can watch. Sometimes, if you’re the type that sweats so much, your sweat can cause the pillow to start smelling and make it not good anymore for you. However, if such a pillow is the type that you can easily wash it will be easy for you to reuse it again after washing. Consider the use of rich Landry or washability before you make your purchase.
- Firmness option: experts in sleep science have also considered and come to the opinion that the best pillows for side sleepers are those that are firm so that they can maintain the alignment of the spine. This is also considered a great factor that will reduce neck pain and shoulder pain as you continue to use your pillows. Therefore, you have to consider the firmness option in your choice.
- Exchange and return policy: it’s very important that you consider pillows that offer exchange and return policies, especially for new users. This will give you the confidence to go on with the purchase of such a pillow because already you know that if it fails to seem to your interest you could return it back to the seller and get back your money. Therefore, you have to consider their policy and tryouts and returns before you make the purchase.
The above criteria have already been used in assessing the pillows to recommend for you. After using the above criteria, we have come to a conclusion and recommended the following pillows for you as a side sleeper.
Conclusion on the pillow for side sleepers
The majority of people sleep with their sides. Many experts have come to talk about it as one of the best ways for people to sleep because it helps to keep the spine in its best alignment; helping the neck to be straight and also to be in the same shape as all the body parts.
However, the challenge that comes with this is the inability to choose rightly when trying to buy pillows as a side sleeper. This post has been able to give you all the details you need to have the best pillow for yourself as a side sleeper.